Lincoln County 1st & 2nd Grade
3-on-3 Basketball League Rules
Due to the fact that we are dealing with very young athletes in this league, the coaches will be both refereeing and coaching at the same time. Coaches, parents and spectators should remember that our goals are purely to help the kids improve their basketball skills and develop a love for the game. Winning is not our primary concern. Any displays of unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, coaches or spectators is absolutely unacceptable at this age level, and may result in ejection from the game and/or facility.
Coaches with sufficient numbers of players will form 2 equal groups from their team. They will then play 2 separate 20 minute games with these two groups. The games will have 10 minute halves.
- Ball is to be “checked” at the top of the key, outside the 3 point line, after every change of possession.
- The ball must be passed in from the check, it cannot be dribbled or shot.
- Due to the fact that this player cannot dribble or shoot, the defensive player guarding the player checking the ball at the top of the key must start below the free throw line, and allow space for this initial pass. The two wing players can intercept the pass to their players.
- Defenders may only steal the ball on a pass, it cannot be stolen off the dribble or out of the hand.
- Clock only stops for Free Throws and Time outs.
- Each Coach gets one time out per Quarter.
- Only shooting fowls committed in the last 2 minutes of the quarter will result in shooting Free Throws. All the rest will just be checked at the top of the key.
Newport Parks and Recreation - Sports - (541)-574-5453