Go to main content
Home Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do with my old, expired flares?

Soak them in water for 24-hours then you may dispose of them in your garbage

What do I need to do to burn yard debris?

You need to come down to the main fire station and pick up a permit. The permits are free of charge and you can pick up the regulations regarding burning at the same time.

Does the fire department take old cell phones?

Yes, we do.

What do I do with my expired batteries?

Bring them to the main fire station, we can dispose of them.

Can I have a bonfire on the beach?

The fire department does not have jurisdiction over the beach. You need to contact the State Parks and Rec department at 503-986-0980.

Can we set off Lanterns or Luminaries off the cliffs of the beach?

That calls for a special permit from ODF and you can reach them at 541-336-2273

Where can I get assistance obtaining and/or installing a Smoke Alarm/Detector?

1. Call the American Red Cross at 541-749-4144

2. Visit redcross.org/GetAnAlarm

3. Email preparedness@redcross.org

Can I bring used Sharps to the Fire Station for Disposal?
No, the FireDepartment does not accept used Sharps for Disposal. Contact Thompsons Disposal Service.